A 107-year tradition of working to promote lodging, travel and tourism.
The Michigan Lodging & Tourism Association was formed in 1905 and while it has undergone a variety of name changes, has always been the only statewide trade association representing Michigan's lodging and tourism industries.
MLTA represents hundreds of hotels hotels, motels, resorts, and bed & breakfasts, comprising over 40,000 guest rooms. MLTA membership also includes categories for allied/suppliers, convention and visitor bureaus, colleges and universities, students, attractions and transportation operators.
Headquartered in Lansing, the MLTA provides a full range of association services which include:
- Advocacy - MLTA fights for Michigan's lodging and tourism industries in Lansing and Washington, DC. Current issues include Pure Michigan funding, increasing the State Per Diem, preventing Asian Carp from entering the Great Lakes, and pushing for reasonable changes to ADA Pool Lift requirements.
- Merchant-friendly credit card processing through Heartland Payment Systems, endorsed by MLTA, 39 other state lodging associations, the AH&LA and the National Restaurant Association.
- Up to 43% premium credits on workers' compensation coverage with the Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Fund.
- 8-10% Group savings on property-casualty-liability coverage through Auto Owners.
- Professional development and networking opportuinities abound at the Pure Michigan Governor's Conference on Tourism. This event has grown from two seventy five attendees in 2006 to over nine hundred and thirty this year!
- The "MLTA Buyer's Guide" - Access quality products and services at lower cost! Do business and support with lodging industry vendors who support MLTA's efforts to represent you!
Properties with 51 or more rooms are automatically members of the American Hotel & Lodging Association, and can access numerous programs including the Educational Institute; AH&LA's Information / Resource Center; the American Hotel Foundation (research and educational projects); and the many publications offered through the American Hotel Association Directory Corporation - including "Lodging Magazine."
For more information please call MLTA's Lansing office at (517) 267-8989 or fax (517) 267-8990.